We have been having a couple of basketball games at school this week…..so I thought that I’d write something related to that.I’m a terrible player(You really don’t wanna put a ball in my hand! =P) . Actually, just watching the game got me thinking.
Isn’t life a lot like a basketball game?! No, think about it! It is. Each one of us, We are like players in the game, trying to win and get the most number of baskets. But it is always so hard. Notice how there are people from the other team trying to pull you down……so you won’t be able to score?… That also happens in life. You are trying to do your best, but nothing seems good enough. Find it hard to make it to the other side of the court.
Yeah, all of us have felt this. What you’ve gotta do is-
1. Identify the people who are on your team. ie, find the people who will help you come up in life and not pull you down. Identify them and stay close to them. They’re the ones who will be with you through thick and thin.
2. Keep your eyes on your goal. Don’t take your eyes off it. Try not to get distracted. Stay strong. People will cheer when you win…..but how many of them will still cheer for you when your losing?
3. Sometimes, the pressure is too much and we fail……Flat on the ground. Do you give up?? Lose?? No, we are fighters! Get back on your feet and show the world what you are made of! Ask God for help….He won’t let you down.
4. Take control of your life. Don’t let other people boss you around. Be the one to make decisions. It’s alright to take suggestions from others, but don’t let them rule your life. Rule the court.
5. Fulfil your mission on the earth. You’re going to win at the end. Have a positive attitude. This is the hardest. When things don’t go your way, don’t give up. Stay positive.
Trust God and Rule the Court. Keep your eyes on the GOAL! 🙂